|1. The minimum age for cycling is 16 years or more.
2. It is permissible to ride an electric bicycle whose engine power does not exceed 250 watts (0.33 hp).
3. The speed of the bike does not exceed 25 km / h, and the motor has a shutoff mechanism when the bike reaches a speed exceeding 25 km / h.
4. When climbing up an incline, the motor reduces bike speed.
5. The maximum bike weight is 30 kg.
6. A number of safety accessories must be installed on the electric bicycle, including a horn (or bell), a white headlight, a red rear light, a back light reflector, and a yellow light reflector on the bicycle pedal.
7. Boys and girls 16-18 must use a helmet every time they ride a bicycle with an auxiliary motor. From the age of 18 and above, the wearing of a helmet is mandatory only in city riding or in sport riding. However, it is strongly recommended that the helmet be used even where the law does not require it.
8. Riding is permitted on bicycles with an electric motor operated by a bicycle pedal. A throttle ("gas" handle) is allowed only to start riding - up to a speed of 6 km / h.
9. The cyclist must hold the handlebar with both hands during riding and is allowed to speak on the phone only by means of a handsfree speaker or a headphone.
10. It is prohibited to take a passenger on the bike.
11. Riding is only permitted on the right side of the road.
12. It is prohibited to ride the bike on the sidewalk. However, it is permitted to walk the bicycle on the sidewalk if it does not disturb the pedestrians.
13 . A bicycle rider may not ride across a pedestrian crossing but may ride across a bicycle crossing marked with a traffic sign. A pedestrian is permitted to walk his bicycle across a pedestrian crossing to cross the road. Riding an electric bicycle against the direction of traffic is strictly prohibited.
14. One may ride an electric bike on bicycle paths that have been designated for this purpose and were marked with a traffic sign. A cyclist may not ride anywhere outside of the bicycle path (besides the road).
15. One must carry his identity card while riding.
16. The electric bicycle must carry an official marking located in a visible place on the chassis of the bike. The following information should appear on the official marking :
- The words "bicycle with auxiliary motor"
- The name of the model, the name of the manufacturer, the address of the manufacturer, the country of manufacture, the name of the importer and the address of the importer. Serial number, air pressure, maximum weight.